1 can (14 oz/398 ml) diced tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted
1⁄2 cup white wine or low-sodium beef broth
2 bay leaves
1 tsp salt, optional
3 lbs (1.3 kg) pot roast, such as boneless blade chuck roast
2 large bell peppers
1⁄3 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, about 6-8
Toppings (optional): chopped fresh cilantro, fresh lime, sliced avocado
- In an 8 Quart Instant Pot™, stir together tomatoes, wine or broth, bay leaves, Fajita or Taco Seasoning, Italian Seasoning and Smoked Paprika and salt, if using.
- Cut roast in half and place in pot. Thinly slice onion, then scatter over meat and stir in, as best as you can.
- Secure lid; ensure the steam release handle is switched to “SEALING”. Press “MANUAL” button, select “HIGH”, and set the time to 45 min. Meanwhile, using the thick slicer plate (3.5 mm) 4-In-1 Mandoline, thinly slice peppers into strips. Cut olives into halves or thirds.
- Naturally release pressure, then push the steam release handle to “VENTING”. Remove the lid. Using two forks, shred meat. Add sliced peppers; press SAUTE and simmer, stirring often, until tender, about 5 min. Stir in olives.
- Serve over rice and add toppings, if desired.